J’son & Partners Consulting presents main results of the research: E-Commerce in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The economy in Kazakhstan is constantly showing stable growth rates after the crisis in 2009. In 2013 the annual growth has reached 6%. As a result retail trade sector is also growing; the volume reached over 28 bln.USD. E-commerce is still the most dynamic market segment, its volume is over 1.5 bln.USD, according to J’son & Partners Consulting experts’ estimations.
- Internet trade – sale of tangible and non-tangible goods via specialized e-platforms, which allows placement of orders on a distance.
- E-COMMERCE– market segment, which includes Internet-trade and distance payments for services (incl.e-payment systems).
- E-PAYMENT SYSTEMS – ways to make transactions on a distance, including banking and non-banking terminals and remote financial services.
- REMOTE FINANCIAL SERVICES – include mobile banking, internet-banking, SMS-banking, mobile operators’ payments, e-money.
RESULTS OF 2013
J’son & Partners Consulting's consultants estimate general volume of e-commerce market over 1.5 bln.USD in 2013 in Kazakhstan. Market is still in the growth stage, it will continue to increase with 25% annual growth rate during the next three years.
E-commerce market in Kazakhstan is behind the Russian market, but it reduces the gap very quickly. In Russia, share of internet trade is around 2% of the total retail trade, while this indicator is around 1% in Kazakhstan.
Important market peculiarity is very low share of domestic shops – around 10%. The rest of the market is being taken by foreign e-stores.
Highly popular goods on Kazakhstan's e-commerce market are home appliances and electronics, services and e-payments. Major number of transactions is being executed in Astana and Almaty.
Kazakhstan's users prefer to pay for purchased goods and services by cash that is around 60% of all purchases. At the same time, J’son & Partners Consulting’s analysts specify the variety of payment methods: cash, banking cards, e-money etc.
Largest internet-trade market players are:
E-commerce market is experiencing the explosive growth stage in Kazakhstan, and according to J’son & Partners Consulting, active growth trend will be during 2014-2017. Positive moments are increasing market transparency and transit to mature growth stage.
Detailed results of the Research are presented in the full version of the Report: E-Commerce market in the Republic of Kazakhstan
The report will be interesting for venture funds, private equities, strategic investors, e-commerce market players and companies that operate in financial sector.
1. Methodology and sources of information
2. E-commerce market in the Republic of Kazakhstan, including:
2.1. Market volume and dynamics in 2010-2013, $
2.2. Market forecast in 2013-2017, $
3. E-commerce market structure, including:
3.1. By payment methods
3.3. By industries
4. Structural e-commerce market changes by 2017:
4.1. By payment methods
4.3. By industries
5. Analysis of E-commerce market regulations
6. Analysis of consumer preferences
7. Analysis of major market players, including:
7.1. Largest internet-shops
7.2. Largest advertisement panels about purchase/sale
7.3. Largest payment systems
8. Cross-country markets' comparison; e-commerce market in Kazakhstan and:
8.1. Russian e-commerce market
8.2. USA e-commerce market
8.3. European e-commerce market
9. Main trends and tendencies
11. List of companies mentioned in the Report
This Information Note is Prepared by J’son & Partners Consulting, We strive to provide factual and prognostic data that fully reflect the situation and are available to us before issuing the material. J’son & Partners Consulting reserves the right to revise the data after publication of new official information by the market players.