Где: Лондон (Великобритания)
Организатор: Rethink Events Ltd
Дата: 2017-10-18 - 2017-10-19
Добавлено: JSON TV
Второе мероприятие в рамках Rethink Ag & Food Innovation Week. Конференция Future Food-Tech London 2017 направлена на преодоление разрыва между индустриями продовольствия, здравоохранения и медициной. Ключевые темы: будущее растительных белков и инновационных ингредиентов; безопасность и прослеживаемость пищевых продуктов; новые подходы к вовлечению потребителей для доступного питания в глобальном масштабе; инновации и инвестиции по всей бизнес-цепочке агробизнеса «от грядки до тарелки».
Day One — October 18 Afternoon
The global food system and the global health crisis are intrinsically linked – food is the number one cause of preventable disease. As the world’s population soars to 9.7 billion by 2050, how can government, the food industry and entrepreneurs collaborate to meet demand for nutritious, delicious, convenient and affordable food for all?
• How can governments build the capacity to support innovation? What is needed from a regulatory perspective to support the new wave of innovation in food?
• What are the top priorities for today’s leading food brands in R&D and innovation? What are the “big problems” that tech innovators should be looking to resolve?
• What does the food industry need to invest in right now to meet the needs of tomorrow?
• How are new models for open innovation and collaboration fast-tracking the development of new products?
• As R&D brings us closer to foods / ingredients with proven health benefits, how great is the opportunity at the intersection of food and medicine?
• What solutions are emerging to deliver a healthier product while retaining taste and texture?
• How can the industry regain consumer trust on matters of scientific intervention, such as genetically modified ingredients? Where is synthetic biology entering the market? What are the potential nutrition and health benefits and how can we communicate these to consumers?
• What impact is current regulation having on innovation in the ingredients sector; from approving health claims to labelling regulation?
• What is the role of technology in supporting people to make healthier choices? What is the scope for a more personalised approach to how brands engage with consumers?
• Sports nutrition can be a good high-price-point entry to this sector, but how easy is it to scale solutions to become more affordable / accessible?
• How can we ensure that healthy / nutritious food is accessible and affordable to all sections of society / all countries around the world? How do we reduce inequality in access to good food?
• What does personalisation mean for different consumers?
• What alternative personal diagnostic solutions are entering the market?
• How can we convert measurements / information on personal DNA / microbiome etc into actionable information and guidance? How can we personalise the way we give this information?
With an influx of capital and high-quality entrepreneurs entering the food-tech space over the past 5 years, how is the ecosystem developing, and how are the major food brands rand VC community responding?
• Where do today’s most active food-tech investors see the greatest potential returns in the food-tech space? Why do these specific sectors offer greater opportunity?
• How is the growth in corporate venturing changing the face of the food-tech sector? Which subsectors of food-tech innovation are corporate venture capital funds currently investing in?
• How do the challenges in scaling food-tech solutions compare to other industries?
• How can food-tech avoid the pitfalls of the clean-tech wave? What models for collaboration and co-investment work best to get the balance right between access to capital / expertise / supply chain opportunities?
Day Two — October 19 Morning
• How are current M&A between e-commerce giants and traditional food retailers set to transform the face of the food industry?
• How are leading food retailers harnessing the power of e-commerce to grow their market share in an increasingly competitive space? How can digital tools be used to deliver an increasingly personalised consumer experience and help build customer loyalty?
• How are on the online and offline worlds merging? What creative solutions are being pioneered to deliver a seamless digital interface? What technology partners are retailers seeking and what alliances can we expect in the future?
• With increasing competition between instore and online retail, how are instore retailers experimenting with technology to enhance the in-store customer experience and maintain their relevance in the digital revolution?
• How important will AI become in food retail and delivering sustainable food retail systems?
• What innovative business models can help bring food-tech to market? What does open innovation (OI) look like in the food and drinks industry?
• Is OI an optimal strategy for all parties collaborating? What key factors support successful collaboration?
• How are start-ups/SMEs benefiting from OI partnerships? To what extent are OI partnerships starting to bridge the gap between tech innovators and the big problems facing the food industry?
• How important is the role of incubators and accelerators in instigating new joint ventures and collaborations?
• How does R&D pooling work regarding patents and IPRs? How should partners manage collaborative directions such as Inside-Out and Outside-In?
• How have food safety/food provenance issues transformed retailers’/restaurants’ approach to supply chain transparency and traceability?
• When a brand is affected by a food safety scandal, what solutions can support the process of earning back consumer trust?
• How can retailers / restaurants turn investment in supply chain traceability systems into a commercial opportunity to communicate with their customers and drive brand loyalty?
• How are consumer concerns over food fraud and provenance shaping the current market for food traceability systems?
• What factors pose the biggest threat and how can we ensure that standards are being met by all exporting countries?
• How are new technologies and system innovations helping us to achieve transparency and traceability? Which solutions are currently seeing success?
• What is the theory behind blockchain and how can it support the food industry? What challenges could prevent it from becoming a mainstream solution?
Day Two — October 19 Afternoon
Delegates break into round table discussion groups, each focused on a business-critical issue within food-tech and hosted by an industry leader – bring lots of business cards!
• Our understanding of the microbiome has the potential to revolutionise nutrition and ultimately human health, but how close are we to a commercial solution?
• How accurate is the science right now and where can we hope to be in 5-10 years?
• When does food become a drug and vice versa? What legislation challenges will be faced?
• Due to continually evolving guidelines and trends, it’s not surprising that consumers can be sceptical of health benefit claims. How can the industry inform consumers on the importance of the microbiome for their diet and health, while translating the science in practical and actionable terms?
• What is the value proposition for the plant-based protein market and what obstacles have been identified for scaling product solutions in particular regions?
• How are major food brands engaging with the alternative protein sector? What are the opportunities and challenges in integrating plant-based proteins into existing products? What kind of investment are we seeing in this space?
• Where are we currently seeing success in product development and consumer adoption? How are ingredients being combined and processed to meet consumer satisfaction? Have we found an ingredient solution that is truly sustainable and less demanding on resources?
• How far has the science behind cultured proteins developed in the past two years?
• What are the next challenges to be overcome in order to bring products to market?
• How are consumers responding to cultured meats and proteins?
• What can the industry learn from its mistakes with GMO in terms of consumer information / communication / transparency?
• What are the investment opportunities of the future? Which three industry-wide trends will transform the consumer-goods landscape by 2030?
• Outside the US; what regions will lead the way in technology innovation?
• What are the greatest barriers to growth? Can Moore’s Law on exponential growth be applied to solution road mapping in the food-tech space?
• If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing in the food ecosystem tomorrow, what would it be?