Alex Barkaloff, Partner, USA Office, J’son & Partners Consulting "Convergence of Telecommunications and Internet-Media" China as an example of OTT and telecom convergence, driving Chinese LTE revolution to already 300 mln subscribers; video personalization and exclusiveness as the next step of world media development; international example of content/Media/OTT monetization, success stories of telecom & OTT relations; partnership model of telecom & OTT players in forming a common ecosystem
At the junction of media and telecommunications, a new market is ready to emerge: operators and content producers need each other. At the same time, historically Internet media and telecom companies operate by different business models. What options for partnership or unification of the two types of businesses might work, and which have already proven to be ineffective?
Topics for discussion:
- Content market: consumption and monetization models of social media, video content and mobile games.
- Strategies employed by operators: successful experience in cooperating with Internet media, examples of popularization and monetization of own content services.
- Joint projects of telecom operators and internet companies. Will these models develop in the West and work in Russia?
- Prospects for the commercial launch of VoLTE and new opportunities of VoIP.
- Net neutrality and business of internet companies. What development direction will the Russian telecom sector take? What international experience of traffic regulation can be adopted?